Robert J. Strang
Chief Executive Officer
Robert Strang has honed his extensive government experience in fraud detection and prosecution into a unique investigative resource for the private sector. As CEO of Investigative Management Group, he is one of the world’s leading corporate investigative and security specialists serving major financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies, large law firms and high net-worth individuals and families.
Mr. Strang began his law enforcement career in 1979 with the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Washington, D.C. In December of 1980, he graduated from the Department of Justice’s Special Agent Basic Training class. From 1980 to 1989, Mr. Strang was a Special Agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration. There, he distinguished himself on numerous occasions, winning four major U.S. Department of Justice awards, and two letters of commendation from the U.S. Attorney’s office.
In 1989, Mr. Strang teamed up with fellow DEA agent Ann Hayes to form Strang Hayes. Over the next 12 years, that firm went on to become one of the premier corporate security firms in the world. In 2001, Strang Hayes was sold to SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPW), a Fortune 500 company. In 2003, Mr. Strang again teamed with Ann Hayes to form Investigative Management Group. There, he continues to manage a number of complex global investigations involving proxy fights, due diligence investigations, litigation, hostile threats, bankruptcies and a range of other business challenges.
Mr. Strang currently serves on the Board of Directors or Government Appointment for the following entities:
- Director, Cross Match Technologies, Inc., a company that offers a wide range of multimodal biometric solutions used to capture and process the unique physiological characteristics of individuals to protect people, property and privacy
- Director, New York City Economic Development Corporation, Chair of the Governance Committee and a member of its Executive and Legal Committees;
- Director, D.A.R.E. America and member of its Executive Committee;
- Director, University of Florida’s Psychiatry & Addiction Advisory Board; and
- Chairman of the New York City Civil Service Screening Committee;
- Also on the Board of Directors at several non-profit organizations.
Previously, Mr. Strang served a Government appointment or Board of Director for the following entities:
- Director, The Brink’s Company (NYSE: BCO).
- Co-chair of the Anti Terrorism Task Force, an independent entity established by the New York State legislature;
- New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani’s Mayoral transition team
- Co-Chair of the New York State Legislative post 9/11 Anti-Terrorism Task Force
- New York State Senate Committee on Investigations and Government Operations; and
- Giuliani Presidential Campaign Anti-Terrorism Advisory Board.
Mr. Strang appears regularly on national and cable news programs providing expert analysis on terrorism, security and investigative matters. He is also often quoted in leading national newspapers, magazines and other expert editorial reports.